- v twist together or entwine into a confusing mass
- v change texture so as to become matted and felt-like
- s tangled in a dense mass
tried to push through the matted undergrowth
- s not reflecting light; not glossy
- More than that, they claimed to have the body itself, releasing photos of what appeared to be a mass of matted hair and bloody flesh stuffed into a large freezer.
- Snug as bugs in the matted jungle of Brazil's Matto Grosso, a state twice as big as Texas with a population little more than that of Houston, lives an Indian tribe called the .
- At Cu Chi, the newly blooded American 25th Infantry Division last month found a three-level tunnel network that snaked to 15 feet below the matted jungle and stretched more than .
- Danica Patrick in USA Today
I don't have a little scrunchie on my wrist because that really wouldn't look very nice with my outfit,Patrick joked. "But, yeah, I put it back, put my hair back and it goes underneath the suit. So it's a matted mess when I get done. All...
- Sanders in Benton Courier
Sanders said local groomers are scheduled to come to the shelter to help bathe and groom the dogs, which are "matted beyond anything I could describe. Their eyes are infected, but the worst thing about them is the fear you see in their eyes."
- Steve Waugh in Sydney Morning Herald
It was 10.30 in the morning and I looked across at Lilli and her hair was all matted, she had her pyjamas on, she had food all over her face, and I'd just got her breakfast for her, which was four slices of fairy bread,Waugh told the annual...