- n the state of being pregnant; the period from conception to birth when a woman carries a developing fetus in her uterus
- n the kinship relation between an offspring and the mother
- n the quality of having or showing the tenderness and warmth and affection of or befitting a mother
- This year 11% of Chaiken's spring-collection sales were maternity; for fall it was 15%.
- Other retailers are spiffing up their maternity departments: Target now offers a collection designed by Liz Lange, a former editor at Vogue magazine and the first designer to show .
- And Japan has horrible maternity leave policies.
News & Articles
- Kim Kardashian Only Allowed To Stay Two Nights In Luxury Maternity Suite
She may be the most famous new mom in the world, but Kim is being treated like any other mommy in the maternity ward.
June 17, 2013 - HollywoodLife
- The Royal Family Goes Off Duty!
Now that Kate Middleton has officially begun her maternity leave, she can focus her time on relaxing with Prince William and preparing for her baby's arrival. With that in mind, we're taking a look at the royal family's best off-duty moments - from slipping into bikinis on exotic vacations to hitting the polo field with their relatives and pals. Click through to see how Kate, William, Prince ...
June 17, 2013 - PopSugar
- Kate Middleton Glows At Her Last Event Before Maternity Leave
Getting close to baby! Before Kate Middleton begins 26 weeks of maternity leave, she was on hand to join the Royal family at her last official engagement, the Trooping the Colour ceremony in London, on Saturday, June 15.
June 15, 2013 - US Weekly
- Heidi Klum in Us Magazine
I chose to call my collection for A Pea in the Pod Lavish because there is no grander name to express everything you want to give yourself and the child growing within you,Klum said in a statement. "For Motherhood Maternity, Loved is a...
- Natasha Stott Despoja in Sydney Morning Herald
Paid maternity leave ensures women maintain their workplace attachment, including superannuation and taxation, and business doesn't lose productive employees,Ms Stott Despoja said.
- Karlene Davis in guardian.co.uk
Dame Karlene Davis, the RCM's general secretary, said Johnson's recognition of the need for more midwives was "a significant step on the road to delivering the government's blueprint for maternity services, and providing a quality service for women,...