- n the quality of having or showing the tenderness and warmth and affection of or befitting a mother
the girl's motherliness made her invaluable in caring for the children
- Hersh points to the "strain of rather unusual male tenderness, a kind of unabashed motherliness that crops up among Kennedy men.
News & Articles
- Miley Cyrus Fires Back At Sinead O'Connor 'Pimp' Comments
Rihanna and Teyana Taylor may have been last week's main attraction but Miley Cyrus and Sinead O'Connor are this week's headlining bout. The Irish singer/songwriter, who rose to fame with a cover of Prince's "Nothing Compares 2 U," penned a letter to the twerking pop star "in the spirit of motherliness," finger-wagging at Cyrus' recent behavior. "Nothing but harm will come in the long run, from ...
Oct. 4, 2013 - Vibe Magazine
- Sinéad Vows to Sue ‘Fuckin Stupid’ Miley Cyrus
After Miley Cyrus waved off Sinéad O'Connor's open letter with a tweet comparing her to Amanda Bynes, Sinéad wrote "ANOTHER OPEN LETTER TO MILEY CYRUS" on Facebook. Whereas, according to Sinéad, the last one was "in the spirit of motherliness," this letter is more hostile: Miley … Really? Who the ... More »
Oct. 4, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Sinéad’s Letter to Miley, Ranked on the Mooom!-o-Meter
Last night, Sinéad O'Connor wrote an "open letter" "in the spirit of motherliness" to Miley Cyrus, urging the 20-year-old to rein in her sexuality. "The message you keep sending is that it's somehow cool to be prostituted," she claimed. Though Sinéad usually functions as the wacky aunt of the entire ... More »
Oct. 3, 2013 - New York Magazine