gestation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the period during which an embryo develops (about 266 days in humans)
- n the state of being pregnant; the period from conception to birth when a woman carries a developing fetus in her uterus
- n the conception and development of an idea or plan
- But, asked the skeptics, if gestation went on so long, why did Penny Diana weigh only 6 lb.
- The object, they report in the Illinois Medical Journal, was a lithopedion (stone child), a petrified fetus of three to four months' gestation.
- Part of the trend may also be traced to women's confusion over the official guidelines: While ACOG recommends that 39 weeks of gestation is ideal for both vaginal and Cesarean .
News & Articles
- Catholic Association Condemns Pelosi's Assertion That Abortion Is 'Sacred Ground'
The Catholic Association quickly condemned House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.), opposition to a House bill that would place a federal ban on late-term abortions after 20 weeks gestation, following comments she made in support of abortion during her weekly news briefing with members of the press on Thursday.
June 14, 2013 - The Christian Post
- Ron Fournier To MSNBC: GOP Rejecting Science On Rape Just Like Rejection Of Global Warming
National Journal editorial director Ron Fournier tore into the Republican Party on Thursday in an appearance on MSNBC discussing the House GOP’s push to pass a ban on abortions after 5 months of gestation. Fournier blasted a House GOP representative who opposed exceptions in cases of rape and incest, and said that this behavior was indicative of a party that denies science – both on subjects ...
June 13, 2013 - Mediaite
- Rep. Franks tries to clear up rape comment
Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., said he was taken out of context Wednesday and tried to clarify his controversial comment from a committee markup earlier in the day, when he said the "incidents of rape resulting in pregnancy are very low." Franks intended to say that the number of abortions due to rape after the start of the sixth month of gestation would be low, not the number of rapes resulting in ...
June 13, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- Caroline Flint in BBC News
Health Minister Caroline Flint said: "We welcome the fact that a higher percentage of abortions are taking place at an early stage - almost two-thirds under 10 weeks gestation and most under 13 weeks. It is important that women have early access to...
- Dawn Primarolo in Reuters UK
While there have been medical advances in caring for premature babies, only a small number born after 24 weeks gestation can survive,health minister Dawn Primarolo told parliament, arguing for the status quo.
- Tabare Vazquez in BBC News
In a statement released on Friday explaining the veto, Mr Vazquez said: "Our laws cannot ignore the reality of the existence of human life in the gestation period, as scientific evidence clearly shows. It's more appropriate to look for a solution...