- n the act of moving forward suddenly
- n (fencing) an attacking thrust made with one foot forward and the back leg straight and with the sword arm outstretched forward
- v make a thrusting forward movement
- Lopez's lunge for icon status has not always been graceful.
- The Serbian delegation filed a protest, but frame-by-frame photos of the finish confirmed the undeniable Phelps had overtaken Cavic with that one amazing lunge for the wall.
- Get Out Fast: If all hell does break loose, remember that one of the deadliest mistakes passengers make is to lunge for their overhead luggage.
News & Articles
- 75-year-old stops robbers posing as fake FedEx workers
A 75-year-old Howard Beach woman fought off two men disguised as FedEx employees as they tried to enter her home on Monday, according to police and published reports. One of the perps entered the house near 156th Avenue and 90th Street around 1:30 p.m. and reportedly tried to lunge at the woman, identified as Margaret Mazzio, while [...]
June 13, 2013 - Queens Courier
- Rooster Days: Kill or be killed
LIHU‘E — Eye to eye, razor-sharp blades attached to their spurs, two fighting cocks lunge at each other.
June 12, 2013 - The Garden Island
- Video emerges of naked man accosting riders at BART station
A video emerged Monday depicting a bizarre incident at a San Francisco BART station last month, with a naked man accosting several passengers and doing flips, handstands, the splits and other gymnastic maneuvers on the BART turnstiles. The video, recorded May 10 by a BART station agent at the 16th Street Mission Station, shows the man lunge at and attack several passengers, and at one point ...
June 12, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Alan Stubbs in FOXSports.com
Stubbs said: "That was a two-footed lunge. If a player leaves the ground with both feet, that's a red card, and he gets a yellow. In the laws of the game if a player goes in with two feet and makes a lunge, and that is what it was, it's a red. If...
- Terence Newman in San Diego Union Tribune
I just looked at his footwork and gave him a run-through of what we do as cornerbacks,Newman said. "He had his feet wide. I just told him to know your feet and shuffle rather than just lunge and try to get him. ...... I think he did pretty...