lungi : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a long piece of brightly colored cloth (cotton or silk) used as clothing (a skirt or loincloth or sash etc.) in India and Pakistan and Burma
- I turned to find a large manlarge for a Burmese anywayincongruously dressed in a checked cotton lungi and a black leather jacket.
- Even now, Moslem soldiers in East Pakistan will snatch away a man's lungi (sarong) to see if he is circumcised, obligatory for Moslems; if he is not, it usually means death.
- They scorn the lungi, a Southeast Asian-style sarong worn by the Bengalis.
News & Articles
- LATEST NEWS
Even Patricia Lungi's blackthorn walking stick isn't very useful when she's making her way around the Stern Village housing... Salesman Kligerman biding his time, waiting for right Cup ride FAIRFIELD -- Hi, this is NASCAR driver Parker Kligerman calling on...
May 4, 2014 - Connecticut Post
- Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma in Independent Online
Lungi (Sisulu) lived his life without fear. He chose to leave the comforts of his home and went to serve the African continent. He fought for a better life for Sudan until his last day,said Dlamini-Zuma.