lorry : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a large low horse-drawn wagon without sides
- n a large truck designed to carry heavy loads; usually without sides
- Soon they overtook a lorry convoy, which had halted to remove some anti-tank blocks.
- In another area German lorry drivers piled their trucks full of Italians and, without escort, drove them up the coast road to British rear bases.
- Carcasses from the ongoing cull of around 2,600 birds, including ducks and geese, are loaded into a container lorry for disposal, near Diss, Norfolk, England.
News & Articles
- Reporters’ notebook
Lorry I. Lokey, the founder of Business Wire, will give $2.5 million to complete Sequoia Hospital’s $20 million New Sequoia Hospital Campaign.
June 7, 2013 - San Mateo Daily Journal
- Gary Megson in Sportinglife.com
Megson said: "I've seen it and it obviously wasn't a penalty. We have no complaints about the second penalty but we have a lorry-load of complaints about the first one."
- Barack Obama in Financial Times
You have to show some common sense, and make sure no one is going to get hurt. It is only a couple of months since the Islamabad [Images] Marriott was taken out by a lorry-load of explosives that went off just outside the front gate. In the... Geoff Boycott http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Boycott&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHvg6JlgKcFGYMpbm21Tru28tvB4A Rediff http://www.google.com/url?q=http://inhome.rediff.com/cricket/2008/dec/03boycott--wants-england-series-stalled.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNExML_VSxaM3Ba75QduinjdCl06DQ Dec 3, 2008
59385 79217 lose Mr Obama added: War is bigger than any one man or woman, whether a private, a general or a president. And as difficult as it is to lose General McChrystal, I believe that it is the right decision for our national security."