lifeguard : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an attendant employed at a beach or pool to protect swimmers from accidents
- Newfoundland lifeguard dogs stand by the sea at the swimming world championships in the Roman seaside resort town of Ostia, Italy, on July 25, 2009.
- His firm, which he started five decades ago with money he earned as a lifeguard in Far Rockaway, Queens, was for a long time primarily in the business of acting as a middle man .
- This month millions of American kids flee the tyranny of the classroom bell for lifeguard stands, grandparents' homes and sleepaway camps.
News & Articles
- Lifeguard classes offered next week
Lifeguard classes offered SCRANTON - Three days of lifeguard and CPR certification classes will be offered at the Weston Field indoor pool beginning on Monday and continuing on Wednesday and June 21 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., according to the city Department
June 12, 2013 - The Scranton Times-Tribune
- Lifeguard certification courses continue this weekend
The Roy Blunt YMCA of Bolivar will offer lifeguard certification courses this weekend. Courses are from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, June 14, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, June 15-16, and from 4 to 9 p.m.
June 12, 2013 - Bolivar Herald-Free Press
- Lifeguard Master’s Umbrellas Lead in the Emergency Gear Industry
Lifeguard Master introduces its full line of lifeguard umbrellas geared for all types of conditions, including heavy sunlight and heavy wind. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/LifeguardUmbrellas/LifeguardUmbrella/prweb10819778.htm
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Tony Dow in fox4kc.com
A lifeguard at the pool I used to train at was an actor so he introduced me to the business,says Dow, now 65.
- Hazel McCallion in Toronto Star
It's such a unique program that we wanted to share it with the world,McCallion said. "It's not about making everybody into a lifeguard, just about teaching survival, and it saves lives."
- Kate Murray in Locustwood Gotham Civic Homepage (blog)
One of the most important safety tips that we can offer is to always swim near a lifeguard,concluded Murray. "Our lifeguards are trained to deal with the rip currents. If there is no lifeguard, DO NOT go in the water."