lifesaver : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an attendant employed at a beach or pool to protect swimmers from accidents
- n a life preserver in the form of a ring of buoyant material
- It's often considered a last resort for the severely overweight and obese, but gastric bypass surgery can be a lifesaver for one group of overweight patients: those with diabetes.
- A fixed price above cost has proved a lifesaver to more than one inefficient producer.
- Night foremen can become lifesavers only at their own risk, ruled last week Judge Nelson Mc-Vicar of the Pittsburgh Common Pleas Court.
News & Articles
- Fire officials warn of oxygen-tank dangers
Home oxygen equipment is a lifesaver. It allows patients with breathing problems to stay in their homes and lead a normal life. But like many other medical devices, it can be deadly if used incorrectly.
June 19, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Operation Lifesaver teams up with local police for train safety awareness
Police have teamed up with North Dakota Operation Lifesaver in an effort educate the public about railroad crossing safety. Officers rode in trains and observed traffic at track crossings.
June 17, 2013 - WDAZ 8 Grand Forks
- Project Lifesaver making a comeback
A program that some say saves lives is making a comeback in our area. Project Lifesaver uses tracking bracelets to find missing people. Specifically people who suffer from neurological diseases like Alzheimer's or Autism. The program was introduced in Lehigh County a few years ago but didn't really go anywhere but recently Project Lifesaver's people met with Allentown police and now we're told ...
June 14, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Stanislav Shushkevich in International Herald Tribune
Such a plan would be a lifesaver for Putin, allowing him to become the leader of a new geopolitical structure without changing Russia's constitution,Stanislav Shushkevich, who led Belarus in 1991-1994, told the AP.
- Bobby Cox in USA Today
All goose eggs for the bullpen - that was a lifesaver tonight,Braves manager Bobby Cox said.
- Cito Gaston in Toronto Sun
Last year, he was a bit of a lifesaver for us,Gaston said. "He earned it (the right to compete as a starter) and we'll give him every chance. If he pitches well, I'm not going to move him."