- n changing the ground level to a smooth horizontal or gently sloping surface
- n complete destruction of a building
- n the act of making equal or uniform
- v aim at
- v tear down so as to make flat with the ground
- v make level or straight
- v direct into a position for use
- v talk frankly with; lay it on the line
- v become level or even
- But a new study published in this week's Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) shows some evidence that the childhood obesity "epidemic" may finally be leveling off.
- After five months of a downward glide, business last week seemed to be leveling off.
- Titled "A Broader, Bolder Approach to Education," it lays out an expansive vision for leveling the playing field for low-income kids, one that looks toward new policies on child .
News & Articles
- LEVELING OFF
After taking an economic hit in 2009, Troy’s sales tax revenue numbers are now leveling out on in a positive way. Numbers reported in May that reflect April sales show that the city collected about $447,000 this year compared the same amount last year.
June 19, 2013 - The Troy Messenger
- Handlin bill could ease Sea Bright tax burden
By KENNY WALTER Staff Writer Leveling the regional school funding formula for towns impacted by natural disasters, such as Sea Bright, may be among the consequences of superstorm Sandy. Assemblywoman Amy Handlin (R-13) said recently that she expects to have a bill ready for introduction this month that would re-examine the regional school funding formula. read more
June 18, 2013 - Atlanticville
- Hamas urges former ally Hezbollah to leave Syria
RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) — The Palestinian militant group Hamas on Monday urged Lebanon's Hezbollah militia to withdraw its fighters from Syria and accused it of stoking sectarian tensions, leveling unprecedented public criticism against a former ally.
June 17, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Ben Bernanke in Wall Street Journal
Fears of financial collapse have receded substantially,Mr. Bernanke said at the Federal Reserve's annual retreat at Jackson Hole, Wyo. "After contracting sharply over the past year, economic activity appears to be leveling out, both in the...