leveraging : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n investing with borrowed money as a way to amplify potential gains (at the risk of greater losses)
- v supplement with leverage
- v provide with leverage
- Cox says his agency lacked authority to limit the massive leveraging that set up last year's financial collapse.
- Reyes has won almost every major title, leveraging a repertoire of creative shots that is as legendary as his genial temperament.
- No campaign has been more aggressive in tapping into social networks and leveraging the financial power of hundreds of thousands of small donors.
News & Articles
- Markey outraises Gomez by more than $1 million since April
Leveraging his 37-year incumbency and a healthy fundraising operation, Democratic Senate nominee Edward J. Markey outspent Republican rival Gabriel E. Gomez by nearly $4 million in a nine-week period heading into the final stretch of their special election.
June 15, 2013 - Boston Globe
- University of Oklahoma adds LiveU Xtender Enhanced Antenna
NORMAN, Okla., June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Following its successful first year of leveraging LiveU technology for live cellular-based video transmission, University of Oklahoma (OU) announced today that ...
June 14, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Former Obama Advisers Start Communications Company
Robert Gibbs and Ben LaBolt are forming a strategic communications firm aimed at leveraging their political experience in Washington for corporate and nonprofit clients.
June 13, 2013 - New York Times
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn in Bangkok Post
Continued de-leveraging by world financial institutions, combined with a collapse in consumer and business confidence is depressing domestic demand across the world,Strauss-Kahn said.
- President Bush in San Francisco Chronicle
It is hard for the average citizen to understand how frozen the system became and how over-leveraged the system became,Bush said. "And so what we're watching is the de-leveraging of our financial markets, which is obviously affecting the...
- Rick Wagoner in BusinessWeek
This transaction will result in a stronger GMAC, with enhanced access to funding at lower costs and greater opportunities for growth, including leveraging their traditionally strong relationships with GM dealers,Rick Wagoner, GM's chief...