leverage : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the mechanical advantage gained by being in a position to use a lever
- n strategic advantage; power to act effectively
relatively small groups can sometimes exert immense political leverage
- n investing with borrowed money as a way to amplify potential gains (at the risk of greater losses)
- v supplement with leverage
leverage the money that is already available
- v provide with leverage
We need to leverage this company
- No regulator knows how much leverage the hedge funds have or how that leverage is changing.
- Western banks are saddled with losses, write-downs and heavy leverage; Asia's banks are flush with cash and poised to expand.
- The key is to regulate leverage to reasonable levels and to regulate it everywhere.
News & Articles
- Altera Announces Breakthrough Advantages with Generation 10 FPGAs and SoCs
- Stratix 10 FPGAs and SoCs leverage Intel's 14 nm Tri-Gate process and an enhanced architecture to deliver core performance two times higher than current high-end FPGAs, while enabling up to 70 percent power savings - Arria 10 FPGAs and SoCs reinvent the midrange by simultaneously surpassing high-end FPGAs in performance while delivering 40 percent lower power than today's midrange devices ...
June 17, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Seven50 Third Summit: The Future in Focus
The conversation about emerging trends and future scenarios will leverage online simulation tools and include a series of workgroups and panel presentations from note thought-leaders. The interactive, engaging event is designed to help inform the direction of the Seven50 plan for more prosperous communities, a healthier environment and stronger economy in Southeast Florida.
June 17, 2013 - Miami Gardens News
- Celtics have leverage if Rivers looks for new spot
Celtics have leverage if Rivers looks for new spot
June 15, 2013 - CBS Sports
- Barack Obama in Salon
In the last six months, AIG has received substantial sums from the US Treasury,Obama said. "And I've asked [the Treasury Department] to use that leverage and pursue every single legal avenue to block these bonuses and make the American...
- Lance Armstrong in Bizjournals.com
Teaming up with RadioShack makes sense for a number of reasons,said Armstrong. "We have an incredible opportunity to leverage RadioShack's connection to tens of millions of people to spread the Livestrong message."
- Mayor Gavin Newsom in Huffington Post (blog)
The San Francisco Bay Area is blessed with physical assets that are unmatched anywhere in the world,Mayor Gavin Newsom said in a statement. "This announcement allows us to leverage resources throughout the country to ensure that 34th...