impaction : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the condition of being pressed closely together and firmly fixed
- n a disorder in which feces are impacted in the lower colon
- n a disorder in which a tooth is so crowded in its socket that it cannot erupt normally
- n a sharp collision produced by striking or dashing against something
- And yet the reader can never become exasperated with a writer who refers to sex as "a pelvis-to-pelvic impaction" or "root and canal work"; who acts as his own randy Roget .
- The popular belief that tooth decay is due to impaction and fermentation of food within the fissures of the teeth, causing dissolution of the enamel, is doubtless true in certain .
- In intestinal obstruction the intestines may be blocked by the caked products of digestion or they may be blocked by a band, a twist, a growth or an impaction of partly .