- n the act of piercing with a sharpened stake as a form of punishment or torture
- Faustus has the vampire put to death by impalement and recovers his ring.
- He can outshoot, outpunch and outthink any adversary; he survives all manner of impalement.
- Three servicemen were killed, one of them by impalement on a control rod.
- Andrei Codrescu in CBS News
Impalement worked according to your status. If you were a small fry, a thief, let's say, you were just impaled on a short stake,says Codrescu. "If you had a certain standing in the community, then they gave you a very tall one, so you...