impairment : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the occurrence of a change for the worse
- n a symptom of reduced quality or strength
- n the condition of being unable to perform as a consequence of physical or mental unfitness
- n damage that results in a reduction of strength or quality
- n the act of making something futile and useless (as by routine)
- Previous research has linked active smoking with cognitive impairment.
- A survey of elderly Italians 1,445 of whom had no cognitive impairment and 121 who suffered mild cognitive impairment (MCI) found that, over 3.
- Autistics suffer "impairment of social interaction with others.
News & Articles
- Intense DUI crackdown for 100 deadliest days on the road
The start of summer brings the '100 deadliest days on the roads," according to the Washington State Patrol. That has local and state law enforcement ramping up DUI patrols today through July 7th. Statewide, agencies are adding officers for the campaign using additional funds provided by the Washington Traffic Safety Commission. In King County, 26 separate agencies are involved. Driver impairment ...
June 21, 2013 - KING5 Seattle
- Checkpoint planned for tonight
Santa Maria police will conduct a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint today between 7 p.m. and 3 a.m. Officers will be checking drivers passing through the checkpoint for signs of alcohol and/or drug impairment. They will also check for proper licensing. Drivers should be delayed only momentarily.
June 21, 2013 - Santa Maria Times
- Skin Abnormality May Prove Biological Basis for Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia has long been a conundrum, with pain and widespread functional impairment, but no known biological basis. The absence of a biological explanation for fibromyalgia has led many to suggest a mental source for the pain and disability that affects 10 million people in the U.S. A new discovery, published in the journal Pain Medicine, [...]
June 20, 2013 - Psych Central
- Michael Geoghegan in AFP
Chief executive Michael Geoghegan added: "Driven by stabilised credit performance in the US, loan impairment charges have fallen to their lowest quarterly level for over a year."
- Ben Verwaayen in FOXNews
Yes it's a big number,Chief Executive Ben Verwaayen said of Alcatel-Lucent's largest-ever quarterly writedown. "But the impairment charge reflects the market."
- Mark Rowsthorn in Sydney Morning Herald
This is a non-cash item and the overall enterprise value is not affected by the impairment due to the increase in value in other parts of the business which under accounting standards are unable to be written up,Asciano chief executive Mark...