- v make lighter or brighter
- v make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear
- v add embellishments and paintings to (medieval manuscripts)
- A driver behind a vehicle with LEDs instead of brake lights can act faster because LEDs illuminate faster.
- As the fire works illuminated the night sky, a cheer went up from the audience.
- We cannot be peevish just because this chemical can burn flesh for it does illuminate battlefields very well.
News & Articles
- Hello, Detroit! See city in a different light from a bicycle, by foot or funky bus
More Detroit companies are doing interesting tours - food tours, obscure bar tours, music tours and heritage tours to illuminate the culturally rich side of the city.
June 25, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- From the editor: Taking an in-depth look at St. Louis Bosnians
We illuminate how Bosnians — who now number more than 70,000 in the region — have established strong bonds within the community
June 23, 2013 - St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Neymar, Balotelli Share Billing for Brazil-Italy
COMMENTARY | Neymar and Mario Balotelli illuminate a stadium in Salvador, Bahia on Saturday. Brazil takes on Italy in their final group stage match of the Confederations Cup, and the loser likely lands a semifinal date with Spain. To this point, Brazil has appeared to be a better side in the competition than Italy, but the allure of this match is as much in watching the individual talents of ...
June 22, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- Charles Clarke in Sydney Morning Herald
Blairite : is a lazy and inaccurate shorthand,Mr Clarke writes. "It is intended not to illuminate but to diminish, marginalise and insult : moreover, this misleading language damages the vital need for Labour to move on to new, post-Blair...
- Roger Waters in CMU News-Blog (blog)
Waters explains: "This new production is an attempt to draw some comparisons, to illuminate our current predicament, and is dedicated to all the innocence lost in the intervening years".
- Jack Nicholson in Forbes
In the empty, silent spaces of the world, he has found metaphors that illuminate the silent places our hearts, and found in them, too, a strange and terrible beauty: austere, elegant, enigmatic, haunting,Jack Nicholson said in presenting...