- v make understand
Can you enlighten me--I don't understand this proposal
- v give spiritual insight to; in religion
- v make free from confusion or ambiguity; make clear
- This is like offering lox to a dog: I've given Joe the chance to enlighten his feckless bro.
- I pledge myself as a Catholic citizen and a Knight of Columbus to enlighten myself fully upon my duties as a citizen and to conscientiously perform such duties entirely in the .
- But beside this, could PTI enlighten readers as to his outstanding legislative achievements in Illinois or the Senate, or the executive experience that qualifies him for the .
News & Articles
- PENNINGTON: School plans new Kenneth K. T. Yen Humanities Building
The Pennington School announced today the launching of a $10 million capital campaign, “PENNINGTON 175: Engage. Enlighten. Transform.”
June 14, 2013 - Hopewell Valley News
- Local Briefs
Flag Day ceremony to be held FridayDurango Elks Lodge 507, 901 East Second Ave., will hold a Flag Day Ceremony honoring Old Glory at 530 p.m. Friday. This presentation will enlighten participants in the history of the flags that have flown throughout the countryx2019s history. The ceremony is open to the public. Hot dogs...
June 13, 2013 - The Durango Herald
- Market Musings: An Introduction and an Overview of the Stock Market
Welcome to the first “Market Musings,” a daily column which is intended to enlighten and entertain, with a sideways glance at markets in general. For those of you who are unfamiliar with me and
June 10, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Pope Benedict XVI in BBC News
Pope Benedict wrote: "It is good, that you enlighten people about Harry Potter, because those are subtle seductions, which act unnoticed and by this deeply distort Christianity in the soul, before it can grow properly."
- Teri Hatcher in RTE.ie
Hatcher said yesterday: "These experiences that we have in our lives, both personally and professionally, leave us with a choice: The choice to use our experiences to enlighten and empower and change people's lives, and that is the choice that I am...