illustrate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v clarify by giving an example of
- v depict with an illustration
- v supply with illustrations
illustrate a book with drawings
- Pictures of the Heaven's Gate mansion released by the San Diego sheriff's department illustrate the uniformity that defined the cult.
- PBS online special about the 20th century's greatest physicist, with games to illustrate his theories.
- The reporter intended the anecdote that opened part four of the Boston Globe's profile of Mitt Romney to illustrate, as the story said, "emotion-free crisis management": Father .
News & Articles
- How The Courts Changed The Direction Of Music
Talk about unintended consequences, sometimes a butterfly flapping its wings in Brazil really does have an affect on the weather in Brooklyn. The Chaos Theory analogy may be a bit dramatic but it does illustrate how an action with one intention can greatly affect another action that?s seemingly unconnected. Take for instance the fact that over the years there?s been a number of court rulings ...
June 17, 2013 - Forbes
- Mother, son, write and illustrate children's book
CLIFTON PARK — A family story of a young girl and her pet duck has been turned into a children’s book by a local family and illustrated by their 10-year-old son.
June 16, 2013 - Community News
- COLUMN: Tainted wells a community problem
New York Times columnist David Brooks recently wrote about a shift in how Americans value community. To illustrate his concerns, he examines studies of word usage taken from a Google searchable database of 5.2 million books published between 1500 and 2008.
June 16, 2013 - Delaware Coast Press