- v make lighter or brighter
- Horses, wines and mansions all illumine the Rothschild tapestry, but the golden thread that holds it together is the family's fierce spirit of continuity.
- Combined, they enabled a man who was almost always sick to produce a body of work essays, reviews, novels like Animal Farm and 1984 that will illumine the next generation's .
- Though the first show did little to illumine or interpret the news, it managed to move quickly and interestingly from event to event.
- Edward R Murrow in The Jewish Journal of greater L.A
As Murrow/Strathairn warns at a 1958 industry awards dinner, television "can teach, it can illumine; yes, and it can even inspire. Otherwise it is merely lights and wires in a box."
- Daniel N DiNardo in Lifesite
DiNardo concluded his message for those gathered that the Holy Spirit's responsibility is to "illumine, purify and constantly remind all those of Christian Faith that the Word must take root in hearts," the appropriate response for those...
- Asif Ali Zardari in The News International
President Zardari said, "Let us therefore bow our heads in reverence to allow the clear light of his teachings illumine our path and transform our lives."