hurrying : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n changing location rapidly
- v move very fast
- v act or move at high speed
- v urge to an unnatural speed
- s moving with great haste
affection for this hurrying driving...little man
- Together with an evocative Sun feature, Chesapeake Eels Seek the Sargasso Sea ("From every river and stream along the whole Atlantic Coast, eels are hurrying to the.
- Chaplin films there are touches of smut: Chaplin as a busy street cleaner seeing an endless troop of mules, hurrying in the opposite direction, only to meet an elephant; Chaplin .
- The city government was considering exterminating the pigeons that drop their excrement on park benches, statues and hurrying pedestrians.
News & Articles
- Royal Gorge fire claims 20 structures; bridge and Canon City intact
CANON CITY-- If it hadn't been for a Royal Gorge Bridge and Park magician in a "fancy painted truck," 70-year-old William Agee probably wouldn't have been able to protect his beloved 1983 Ford Mustang. In a last ditch effort to return into an evacuated area where the Royal Gorge Fire was approaching his home, Agee waved down the magician so he could hitchhike past police who were hurrying people ...
June 13, 2013 - Colorado Springs Gazette
- Game thread: Yankees 3, Mariners 1, top 7th
The Mariners tied it up in the fourth, but then the Yankees retook a 2-1 lead in the fifth when Ichiro walked and took second on a single by Chris Stewart with one out. Brett Gardner then hit a potential double-play ball. But Nick Franklin dropped the ball at second in hurrying to make the
June 8, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Buddy Baker in Brownsville Herald
I can remember going back home after the first day of practice and I woke up and it was snowing, and I said, 'Well, there's no need in hurrying back to Rockingham,'Baker said.
- Lucie Safarova in The Australian
I was trying to be more aggressive, yeah. When I was playing against a big player before, I was still like, very hurrying too much on the court, and doing so many mistakes. So I wanted to be better now,Safarova said.
- Johnny Damon in Hartford Courant
It depends if the swelling goes down,Damon said. "If it feels good, I'll start hurrying up."