homebody : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who seldom goes anywhere; one not given to wandering or travel
- But to please Teddy, the self-professed homebody would valiantly hit the campaign trail.
- Here was the familiar Jefferson--egalitarian aristocrat, slaveholding author of the Declaration of Independence, globetrotting homebody--plumbed one step further.
- Russell Simmons, despite all the meditation, is not a quiet homebody type.
News & Articles
- Harry Connick Jr. Gives You a Tour of His Rustic Home
The singer opens up about family life and why he loves being a homebody
July 19, 2013 - People Magazine
- Music Notes: Disappointing concert experiences hurt ears, wallet
Fundamentally, I’m exceedingly cheap, and I’m a mostly unyielding homebody. Therefore, the list of concerts I’ve been to — barring small local bar shows — is relatively short. I’m generally content to plug in the headphones at home and enjoy the artist du jour in blissful isolation.
July 19, 2013 - The Norwich Bulletin
- New Site Helps You Attain Your Dream of Sharing a Hotel Room With a Gross Stranger
If the threat of semen-soaked remote controls, bed bugs and USA Today being your only newspaper option didn’t scare you away from hotel stays, Easynest may turn you into a homebody: The new website matches you with complete strangers with whom you can share your room. Since the sharing economy hasn’t reached its peak yet, the free Read More
July 15, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Justin Timberlake in Actress Archives
Biel - currently dating Justin Timberlake - says, "I don't really go out. I'msuch a homebody, it's embarrassing. But I feel I went through that stage in my late teens and sneaking into places here and there like everybody does. But when I turned 21...
- Andie MacDowell in Ninemsn
It was great because I'm such a homebody,MacDowell said. "It took 20 minutes, I left there with my head spinning."
- Jennifer Hudson in Chicago Tribune
Calling herself "a homebody and a mama's baby," Hudson said she used to borrow her mom's or sister's cars to drive out to Lincolnshire when she was a 19-year-old making her stage debut.