homecoming : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an annual school or university reunion for graduates
- n a coming to or returning home
- Congress came back this week to do something about the "emergency" Harry Truman had proclaimedand its opening day was like a college homecoming.
- What does this homecoming mean to you? My art came out of the British landscape which is heavily worked by people, so that's important to my work.
- It is quite possible that the singer at California's Castro Valley High School's 2008 homecoming may not have hit a single note.
- Barack Obama in KPVI-TV
Obama says the veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan make up "the largest homecoming since the Second World War."
- Andy Samberg in San Diego Union Tribune
Samberg says he grew up watching the awards and was a writer for the show before landing his gig on "SNL," so "it will be a sweet and satisfying homecoming. I can't wait to act really important."
- Stephen Harper in Globe and Mail
While we rejoice today for Maziar Bahari's homecoming, we must not forget about the countless others who remain unjustly imprisoned in Iran today. Canada continues to stand with the people of Iran in their struggle with the Iranian regime,Mr....