homeliness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n having a drab or dowdy quality; lacking stylishness or elegance
- n an appearance that is not attractive or beautiful
fine clothes could not conceal the girl's homeliness
- One theory is that the very homeliness of the dolls is appealing.
- On the one-hand it's true that her homeliness got her noticed but on the other, even if an average to attractive looking girl walked up and sang what she did, it would still be .
- Katharine Graham represented the virtues of the best Washington, a certain homeliness sophisticated, but likeably homely all the same, as Washington once was: an atmosphere .
News & Articles
- Things Are Getting Ugly
Hideous furniture and furballs and festive sweaters — homeliness is everywhere. Is ugly the new beautiful?
Oct. 3, 2013 - NPR