homemaker : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a wife who manages a household while her husband earns the family income
- Millions of "displaced homemakers " are starting to organize The motto on Milo Smith's office wall reads: "She who waits for the knight in shining armor.
- And even though Joanne is 40 now, a married Los Angeles homemaker with children of her own, she clearly remembers what she did next that day.
- Gaylen Howard, 40, a homemaker in Boulder, Colo.
News & Articles
- Lorraine B. Lively of Wilbraham, at 77
Lorraine B. (Grondin) Lively of Wilbraham, a homemaker and receptionist, died Saturday at her home. She was 77. Mrs. Lively was born in Holyoke and graduated from the former Rosary High School. She was a former resident of Holyoke, Chicopee and Monson before moving to Wilbraham in 1972. Mrs. Lively was a devoted homemaker to her family. She played fife for the Drum and Bugle Corps at Immaculate ...
June 18, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Vote for Homemaker of the Year
Know someone who does a great job of raising or volunteering with children, who cooks and runs a household? The Oakland County Fair is accepting nominations for the 2013 Oakland County Homemaker of the Year. Nominees must be county residents, must be at least 25 years old and run a household. Home economics may be considered. Visit www.oakfair.org to download the nomination form or call 248 ...
June 17, 2013 - The Oakland Press
- Peggy M. Boellner, homemaker
Longtime Timonium resident enjoyed cooking and hosting dinner parties for family and friends Peggy M. Boellner, a homemaker who enjoyed cooking and entertaining family and friends, died June 7 of complications from a fall at her Timonium home. She was 83.
June 14, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- Bud Grant in SportingNews.com
Bud Grant tells the newspaper that at home Pat raised four boys and two girls and was "a consummate homemaker."
- Marc Cherry in Kentucky.com
Her Bree didn't get the joke, and Dana's was a much more sly Bree, and that's the character I thought I wanted,Cherry said, noting the character was based largely on his mother. "My mother, though a very sweet homemaker, has a sly sense of...
- Nancy Pelosi in Sydney Morning Herald
We have to face the reality of what is there,House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi told ABC News, adding that Bush had now realized "something any homemaker in the country could have told him months ago."