homer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a base hit on which the batter scores a run
- n ancient Greek epic poet who is believed to have written the Iliad and the Odyssey (circa 850 BC)
- n an ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs
- n United States painter best known for his seascapes (1836-1910)
- n pigeon trained to return home
- v hit a home run
- But a rooftop homer might have sprung from anyone who ever hit a home run, or from Henry Aaron, who hit 755; and while making one swan dive in the outfield, even Tommie Agee or Ron .
News & Articles
- Allison Homer of Blacksburg graduates from Wake Forest
Allison Homer of Blacksburg graduated from Wake Forest University on May 20. Television journalist Gwen Ifill delivered the Commencement address taking to Twitter several days before her speech to ask graduates for suggestions on what she should say. During her speech, she paused to take out her phone and snap a photo of the audience [...]
June 18, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Homer C. Curtis, 96, psychoanalyst and teacher
Homer C. Curtis, 96, a retired psychoanalyst and leader in the analytic community, died of coronary artery disease on Tuesday, June 4, at Waverly Heights in Gladwyne.
June 17, 2013 - Philly.com
- Homer, most home on the water to return to the sea
SOUTHWEST HARBOR — Dick Homer, who died May 27 at age 85, was a master mariner and, for several decades, a prominent and influential member of the Mount Desert Island sailing community.
June 17, 2013 - Fenceviewer
- Coen brothers in Guardian Unlimited
I think whatever success we've had in this area has been entirely attributable to how selective we are. We've only adapted Homer and Cormac McCarthy,said Joel Coen.
- Kenny Rogers in International Herald Tribune
I don't like it,Rogers said after MLB announced Tuesday that instant replay will start being used this week. "I think that it overshot the mark by far just because, what, in a Yankee game someone didn't get a homer? Please. It's happened...
- Shaun Marcum in TSN
Walks obviously kill you and it kills you even more when you don't locate a pitch and they hit it for a three-run homer,said Marcum. "That's something I've been struggling with for the last few starts, walking people, and it's something I...