homily : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a sermon on a moral or religious topic
- The citizen were looking for genuine succor but what they got was platitudes and homilies.
- He must stay after school, every single episode of his life, to write a homily on the fourth-grade blackboard (e.
- That's not the homily of someone who wants to convince the undecided Cardinals.
News & Articles
- Pope: Don't pretend to be sinless; preaching Gospel demands humility
When boasting of having Jesus Christ as one's savior, people shouldn't pretend they aren't guilty of sin, Pope Francis said in a morning homily.
June 14, 2013 - National Catholic Reporter
- Former governor Paul Cellucci mourned by hundreds at Hudson service
In the town he called home, in the church he attended as a child and where he later brought his family, more than 500 people gathered today to pay their respects to former Massachusetts governor Paul Cellucci, who was struck down by Lou Gehrig’s disease Saturday at the age of 65. He was remembered as a “family man of faith who tried to make the world a better place” in a homily by Ronald Calhoun ...
June 14, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Pope Francis calls for poor church
VATICAN CITY, June 11 (UPI) -- Pope Francis, while delivering a homily at his residence in the Vatican, said the Catholic Church should not seek wealth.
June 11, 2013 - UPI
- Theodore McCarrick in CNN
It is not easy to preach a homily for Tim and to communicate the feelings we all share concerning this remarkable man, for he was truly one of the great communicators in American society,Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, the archbishop emeritus of...
- Njongonkulu Ndungane in News24
Yesterday afternoon (Monday), I was called by the staff in the cathedral to say there were some people who were not comfortable with Allan preaching and bringing the homily,said Ndungane.
- Pope Benedict XVI in AsiaNews.it
With moving and personal tones, that drew applause from the packed crowd, the German pope cried out: "In his first Apostolic Visit to Poland, on 10 June 1979, at the end of his homily in this Park, he said with nostalgia: Allow me, before leaving...