homeowner : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who owns a home
- To a homeowner who has always made mortgage payments on time, perhaps by sacrificing spending elsewhere, the whole concept may seem grossly unfair.
- When a homeowner loses a house to foreclosure, the property is publicly auctioned on the county courthouse steps in an atmosphere that's often chaotic and crowded with lawyers .
- That has the perverse effect of raising, not lowering, a homeowner's monthly payment.
- President Bush in Reuters
I think we can get us a bill, but it's going to require less politics and more focus on keeping our minds on who we need to help -- and that's the homeowner,Bush said at a roundtable on housing counseling.
- John McCain in Reuters.fr
It offers every deserving American family or homeowner the opportunity to trade a burdensome mortgage for a manageable loan that reflects the market value of their home,McCain said in a speech on the economy in Brooklyn.
- Ben Bernanke in FOXNews
Principal reductions that restore some equity for the homeowner may be a relatively more effective means of avoiding delinquency and foreclosure,Bernanke said.