- s showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair
nodded his hoary head
- s ancient
- s covered with fine whitish hairs or down
- The hoary joke that a "religious Democrat" is more of an oxymoron than "jumbo shrimp" couldn't be more wrong in this election cycle, in which it's the Democrats who are talking .
- The story is hoary, but everything else about this Mario game is absolutely new: the wee mustachioed plumber is now in outer space, zipping through a spinning, candy-colored .
- Such as actress Donna Reed's 1955 portrayal of Sacagawea in the hoary Hollywood classic, The Far Horizons.
News & Articles
- Album review: Alison Moyet's 'The Minutes'
????? Whether howling the hoary drama over the Yaz situation with Vince Clark in the early ’80s or reigning as queen of the major-label blousy belters in the decades since, Alison Moyet has never allowed any particular sonic arrangement to diminish the prominence of her inimitable pipes: not blues, not club bounce, not smoky standards. So when serial blip-pop-noodler Guy Sigsworth (Sia, Alanis ...
June 11, 2013 - Orlando Weekly
- Helen Clark in The Dominion Post
I see they've got the hoary old beat up on single parents,Miss Clark said on TV One's Breakfast programme. "I've got one view on that - whatever we do with single parents we have got to be guided by what is in the best interest of the...
- Joe Biden in Yahoo! News
Now, I will do whatever it takes to keep America safe. And there are going to be all sorts of hypotheticals [presumably, Tancredo's hoary ticking time bombfantasy] and emergency situations, and I will make that judgement at that time."...
- Vincent Bugliosi in Los Angeles Times
I didn't read [Kuntzler's letter] carefully,Bugliosi told me. "But I went through it enough to see that he was regurgitating all the old hoary theories that even those in the mainstream community have rejected. He's not even reading...