- n a neutral achromatic color midway between white and black
- n clothing that is a grey color
- n any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are grey
- n horse of a light gray or whitish color
- n the SI unit of energy absorbed from ionizing radiation; equal to the absorption of one joule of radiation energy by one kilogram of matter; one gray equals 100 rad
- n English radiobiologist in whose honor the gray (the SI unit of energy for the absorbed dose of radiation) was named (1905-1965)
- n English poet best known for his elegy written in a country churchyard (1716-1771)
- n American navigator who twice circumnavigated the globe and who discovered the Columbia River (1755-1806)
- n United States botanist who specialized in North American flora and who was an early supporter of Darwin's theories of evolution (1810-1888)
- v make grey
- v turn grey
- s of an achromatic color of any lightness intermediate between the extremes of white and black
gray flannel suit
- s showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair
- s used to signify the Confederate forces in the American Civil War (who wore grey uniforms)
- s intermediate in character or position
News & Articles
- Gray, Trebisky win twice at Grand Slam
COLLEGE STATION — Taylor Gray and Peyton Trebisky of Wichita Falls each won twice Saturday in the opening day of singles competition at the Texas Summer Grand Slam, while Connor Curry also advanced.
June 16, 2013 - Wichita Falls Times Record News
- Zane Gray Sr., 70
Zane Gray Sr., 70, of Dividing Creek passed away on June 3, 2013.
June 16, 2013 - Daily Journal
- Patricia Gray
Patricia E. Gray, 55, passed away June 11, 2013. Funeral services were held Sat., June 15, 2013 at Rosewood Funeral Home Humble.
June 16, 2013 - Humble Observer
- Sean Taylor in CNN
Taylor said the end of the assault case was like "a gray cloud" being lifted.
- Dana Perino in USA Today
In the military courts, "Private Gray was convicted of committing brutal crimes, including two murders, an attempted murder and three rapes. The victims included a civilian and two members of the Army," Perino said. "The president's thoughts...
- Mark Parkinson in SB Nation Kansas City (blog)
The news about criminal activity within KU athletics is disturbing and absolutely unacceptable,Parkinson told the AP. "I am glad to see chancellor [Bernadette] Gray-Little and the Board of Regents taking this egregious matter seriously. I...