grey : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n United States writer of western adventure novels (1875-1939)
- n Queen of England for nine days in 1553; she was quickly replaced by Mary Tudor and beheaded for treason (1537-1554)
- n Englishman who as Prime Minister implemented social reforms including the abolition of slavery throughout the British Empire (1764-1845)
- n any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are grey
the Confederate army was a vast grey
- n a neutral achromatic color midway between white and black
- n clothing that is a grey color
he was dressed in grey
- n horse of a light gray or whitish color
- v make grey
The painter decided to grey the sky
- v turn grey
Her hair began to grey
- s of an achromatic color of any lightness intermediate between the extremes of white and black
the little grey cells
a man with greyish hair
- s showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair
- s used to signify the Confederate forces in the American Civil War (who wore grey uniforms)
a stalwart grey figure
- s intermediate in character or position
a grey area between clearly legal and strictly illegal
News & Articles
- PHOTO CALL: Joel Grey, Andre Bishop, Estelle Parsons, Tommy Tune and More at Theater Hall of Fame Fellowship Event
Academy and Tony Award winner Joel Grey and Lincoln Center Theater's Andre Bishop presented the 2013 Theater Hall of Fame Fellowship grants to emerging theatre artists June 13 at the New York Friars Club.
June 16, 2013 - Playbill
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 10: Camilla Luddington, Gaius Charles And Two More Upped To Series Regulars
Grey's AnatomySeason 10 will see more of some of the Grey Sloan Memorial interns, but not everyone.
June 15, 2013 - The Huffington Post
- Grey's Anatomy Scoop: 4 Interns Promoted to Series Regulars!
Four interns are movin' on up at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital! Camilla Luddington, Gaius Charles, Jerrika Hinton and Tessa Ferrer (aka interns Jo, Shane, Stephanie and Lea)...
June 14, 2013 - E! Online
- Sumner Redstone in Reuters UK
That's really up to Brad Grey, who runs Paramount, he will make the decision,Redstone said on the sidelines of Seoul Digital Forum on Tuesday. "What I can say is, I consider Tom Cruise a great actor and a good friend, and if Paramount...
- David Safavian in WA today
Safavian, 48, said he never intended to break the law, while acknowledging that "I am the poster child" for staying in "the grey areas of ethics".