heard : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v perceive (sound) via the auditory sense
- v get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally
- v examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process
The jury had heard all the evidence
- v receive a communication from someone
We heard nothing from our son for five years
- v listen and pay attention
- s detected or perceived by the sense of hearing
a conversation heard through the wall
- We heard suggestions to build financial incentives into our health insurance systems so that companies and individuals reap benefits from changing to a healthier lifestyle, diet .
- You wouldn't have heard from her except for this: She got away.
- Around the time of the South Carolina primary, Gardner heard Limbaugh say there was something fishy about Kerrys Vietnam service but he couldnt quite put his finger on it.
News & Articles
- Royalty wants appeal over Elan bid heard next week
DUBLIN (Reuters) - U.S.-based Royalty Pharma sought to have an appeal heard next week over conditions attached to its hostile bid for Irish drug firm Elan that threaten to scupper the $8 billion deal. Royalty received a blow in its battle to take over Elan last week when Ireland's Takeover Panel ruled that the investment firm could not revise the terms of its offer, meaning it could become null ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Explosions heard from NATO site at Afghan airport
Large explosions were heard around dawn Monday at the military side of Kabul's international airport, which houses a NATO headquarters, but the cause was not immediately clear.
June 10, 2013 - Fox News
- Explosions heard in attack on Kabul airport; no word on casualties
Large explosions and machine-gun fire were heard early Monday in an attack on the military side of Kabul International Airport in Afghanistan, which houses a NATO command headquarters. There was no immediate word on casualties.Kabul police told NBC News that they estimated as many as 10 suicide attackers had taken up in a building under construction near the airport. An Afghan army general told ...
June 10, 2013 - MSNBC
- Phil Gramm in FOXNews
You've heard of mental depression; this is a mental recession,Gramm, a former Texas senator, told the newspaper, adding that the presumptive Republican nominee will face an uphill battle fighting those perceptions.
- Andy Pettitte in SI.com
I had heard that human growth hormone could promote faster healing for my elbow,Pettitte said in a statement issued through his agent. "I felt an obligation to get back to my team as soon as possible. For this reason, and for only this...
- Nancy Reagan in Forbes
I was deeply saddened this evening when I heard of Jerry Ford's death,former first lady Nancy Reagan said in a statement.