- n the production of young from an egg
- n shading consisting of multiple crossing lines
- n a movable barrier covering a hatchway
- v emerge from the eggs
young birds, fish, and reptiles hatch
- v devise or invent
- v inlay with narrow strips or lines of a different substance such as gold or silver, for the purpose of decorating
- v draw, cut, or engrave lines, usually parallel, on metal, wood, or paper
hatch the sheet
- v sit on (eggs)
- Almost immediately, the frogman will again close the hatch, spray antiseptic around its edges, and then give the astronauts themselves a thorough spraying.
News & Articles
- High-school teen builds submarine
The submarine's body may be constructed from drainage pipes and the hatch from a recycled skylight, but according to its 18-year-old inventor, this single-person U-boat can plunge to a depth of 30 feet and has already completed three successful dives.
June 11, 2013 - CNN
- DRIVEN: Can The Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG Obliterate The Hot Hatch Market?
This is the new Mercedes A45 AMG, one of the most powerful hot hatches ever built.
June 11, 2013 - Auto Spies
- Branstad crushes Hatch in governor's race
GOVERNOR'S RACE: Incumbent Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad overpowers state Sen. Jack Hatch by a 2-1 margin in a hypothetical 2014 governor's race match-up, according to results of a new Des Moines Register Iowa Poll.
June 9, 2013 - The Des Moines Register