hatching : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the production of young from an egg
- n shading consisting of multiple crossing lines
- v emerge from the eggs
- v devise or invent
- v inlay with narrow strips or lines of a different substance such as gold or silver, for the purpose of decorating
- v draw, cut, or engrave lines, usually parallel, on metal, wood, or paper
- v sit on (eggs)
- Those movies, which in their Disney DVD versions have diverted many an American child, prove that Miyazaki is more than a giant brain hatching grand schemes.
- FBI and Department of Homeland Security officials say no such devices have actually been discovered, nor is there any current intelligence that terrorists are hatching plots .
- Though al-Qaeda's lair in Afghanistan may have been smashed, he says, "The snake has already laid a thousand eggs, which are hatching and slipping off in all directions.
News & Articles
- Parents' Facebook ruse halts kidnap of their daughter - Wed, 19 Jun 2013 PST
A Spokane father who discovered his 15-year-old daughter was being wooed by a man twice her age took matters into his own hands. After hatching a Facebook ruse that drew the 30-year-old Federal Way, Wash., man to Spokane earlier this month, the father and a couple of his buddies staked out the arranged meeting spot, then blocked the man’s escape until police arrived and took him into custody.
June 19, 2013 - The Spokesman-Review
- Dino King (Blu-ray)
Recommended Produced in Korea and released there as "Tarbosaurus 3D", "Dino King" is the saga of a tarbosaurus named Speckles (because of the spots on his face), following him over a few decades from hatching one moonlit night to becoming a father of his own offspring. The movie is presented partly as entertainment but also throws in a number of educational elements seemingly aimed towards kids ...
June 18, 2013 - DVD Talk
- Anchorage Sees Bumper Crop of Mosquitoes
Lots of standing water and warm temperatures in the spring had them hatching all at once.
June 18, 2013 - KTVA Anchorage
- Vladimir Putin in International Herald Tribune
After the slaying last month of Russian journalist Anna Politkovskaya, a fierce critic of the war in Chechnya, Putin said that "people who are hiding from Russian law enforcement have been hatching plans to sacrifice someone and create an...
- Charles Schumer in Forbes
Now that it's clear that there was a concerted effort to purge an impressive crop of US attorneys, the next step is to identify and question those responsible for hatching this scheme to use US attorneys as pawns in a political chess game,...
- Pervez Musharraf in Times of India
Facing perhaps the biggest crisis since he took over nearly eight years ago, Musharraf told a public meeting in Punjab province, "There are those who are doing politics and hatching conspiracies against me and the country on an issue which is legal...