hatchway : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an entrance equipped with a hatch; especially a passageway between decks of a ship
- Echoing up through the hatchway, I could hear voices shouting and the sounds of helicopter and diesel-automotive engines.
- The testimony of the Marine corporal, Greenwood, places Wellard with Hornblower near the hatchway, and both Marine Captain Whiting and Lieut.
- He had spoken, not from the stand, but from a hatchway 20 feet away.
News & Articles
- Explosion partly sinks Indian naval sub
NEW DELHI -- Indian naval divers on Wednesday afternoon opened the main hatchway of a stricken, Russian-made Indian submarine that caught fire, blew up and sank at dock earlier in the day in one of the worst naval accidents in Indian history.
Aug. 15, 2013 - Pioneer Press