- n container for coal; shaped to permit pouring the coal onto the fire
- n an entrance equipped with a hatch; especially a passageway between decks of a ship
- v to move about or proceed hurriedly
- He debated three plans: 1) to make the guardsmen walk the plank; 2) to fire his own boat and set them adrift in it; 3) to scuttle the cutter with all hands aboard.
- But political infighting could yet scuttle the deal once it goes to a vote in parliament, perhaps in early March, say the law's detractors.
- Christopher Morris VII for PTI For scholars of the presidency, Kennedy's failure to scuttle or fix the ill-conceived invasion of Cuba is a classic case of the insufficiency of .
News & Articles
- Scuttle leftovers, June 15, 2013
ScuttleBu(r)t ... Aaron Rodgers (quarterback), Adrian Peterson (running back) and Calvin Johnson (wide receiver) topped the New York Times’ fantasy football preseason rankings ...
June 14, 2013 - The Iron Mountain Daily News
- U.S.-Europe trade pact uncertain if French film industry not protected
PARIS, June 14 (UPI) -- France says it will scuttle a huge trade agreement between the United States and European countries if it doesn't receive an exemption for its film industry.
June 14, 2013 - UPI
- NBA AM: The Draft Scuttle From Eurocamp
The Scuttle From Eurocamp: The annual adidas Eurocamp showcase is in the books and as most NBA teams made their way home on Tuesday, there were lots of little nuggets of news and speculation floating around the gym in Treviso. Here are some of the more notable ones: The Problems With Noel: For most of [...]
June 12, 2013 - HoopsWorld
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
There are those who will try and scuttle this opportunity no matter what,Obama said.
- Kid Rock in Arab Times
NEW YORK: Kid Rock says he's "on fire'' in the studio, which has led him to scuttle plans to tour this spring in order to finish work on his follow-up to 2007's double-platinum album Rock N Roll Jesus.'' I really feel like I've kind of got this...
- Benazir Bhutto in NewKerala.com
Responding to this threat call, Benazir said "I know there are security risks, people who want to kill me and to scuttle the restoration of democracy."