- n the young of an animal cared for at one time
- v think moodily or anxiously about something
- v hang over, as of something threatening, dark, or menacing
The terrible vision brooded over her all day long
- v be in a huff and display one's displeasure
- v be in a huff; be silent or sullen
- v sit on (eggs)
- Meet the Palin brood! Apparently liberal Hollywood celebrities are not the only ones who like to give their children offbeat names (in order: a thing you run on, an 80's George .
- Nadya Suleman better known as Octomom may have inked a deal to bring her massive brood to the small screen, but her forthcoming reality show is hardly the worst the genre .
- Lo (Maxime Collin), 12, is nourished by this conviction as he watches his deranged Qubecois brood mismanage their lives.
News & Articles
- Periodical cicadas put on enthralling show
Early in summer, woods in southeastern Pennsylvania are alive with bird songs. But one day at that time, every 17 years, new sounds are heard. A few trills weave among the trees, then more and more until the combined whining is overwhelming.The courtship pageantry of a brood of periodical cicadas is...
June 16, 2013 - Lancaster Online
- Bust out the bug spray! Big mosquito brood hatched
The Metropolitan Mosquito Control District estimates the mosquito population is about two weeks behind schedule after a soggy spring, but after one day of sun, a big brood hatched overnight.
June 14, 2013 - KARE 11 Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Pocketful of treasured memories of Dad this Father's Day
My father had deep pockets. Not that he was a wealthy man. Not even close. With seven children, this would have been a highly unlikely prospect. But as the youngest of the brood, as the baby of the bunch, as the smiling caboose at the end of our happy family ...
June 14, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Jim Zorn in ESPN
I'm not necessarily a list guy,Zorn said. "My bride of 29 years has helped me to make lists. I don't want to brood on what I might be forgetting, so as you make lists you can talk those things through. You can kind of work on these things...
- Brad Pitt in Stuff.co.nz
A source close to Angelina - who attended the Los Angeles ceremony with Brad - said: "Following all the rumours, she's now made it obvious she's expecting. They're both thrilled to be adding to their brood. They are very, very happy."
- Padraig Harrington in Seattle Post Intelligencer
I sat there in that hut, and I was as disciplined as I could be, with my focus not to brood,Harrington said. "If I had just thrown away the Open, if it turned out like that, it would have been incredibly hard to take."