hatchery : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a place where eggs are hatched under artificial conditions (especially fish eggs)
the park authorities operated a trout hatchery
- The Cle Elum hatchery is, in some respects, trying to meet them halfway.
- The students were invited to build a miniature trout stream at the hatchery.
- And yet for all its empathy, Sesame Street has been highly cerebral as well, the perfect hatchery for the Empirical Presidency.
- David Bartlett in Tasmanian Government Media Releases (press release)
Tassal's new hatchery is good for Tasmanian jobs, good for the Huon River and local environment, and good for Tasmania's clean, clever and sustainable reputation,Mr Bartlett said.
- Ron Ramsey in Elizabethton Star
Ramsey, who is running for governor this year, said at a press conference on May 25 that the issue was one "that our members are getting e-mails on, that say please don't fund a fish hatchery when you're cutting mental health."
- Dean Florez in Capital Press (subscription)
It is a real common sense bill,Florez said. "Let's create a hatchery. We haven't built one in 40-plus years. Let's see where it goes. Thus far, we've had good support."