- n weapon consisting of a fighting ax; used by North American Indians
- n a small ax with a short handle used with one hand (usually to chop wood)
- Of all the men around former President Richard Nixon, probably none was more hated than Chuck Colson, top hatchet man and tireless inventor of dirty tricks.
- Mondale responded coolly, "Senator Dole has richly earned his reputation as a hatchet man.
- But it's hard to muster a ton of sympathy for a guy profiting handsomely from a hatchet job on his own sister regardless of how miserably she may have treated him.
News & Articles
- Fourth Annual Hatchet Fest Run
BAD AXE — The Fourth Annual Hatchet Fest run was held in conjunction with the Bad Axe Hatchet Festival.
June 20, 2013 - Huron Daily Tribune
- Hatchet-carrying suspect pleads not guilty in Chandler attempted sexual assault case
A hatchet-carrying homeless man accused of breaking into a Chandler home and attempting to sexually assault a sleeping woman has pleaded not guilty. Maricopa County prosecutors say 19-year-old Francisco Antonio Moreno entered his plea Monday. His next scheduled court date is July 30.
June 17, 2013 - The Arizona Republic
- Hatchet attack suspect pleads guilty
OTTUMWA — The Ottumwa man charged in last summer's hatchet attack is headed to prison. Charles Julian Jason Zwer, 27, pleaded guilty this month to willful injury causing serious injury, a Class C felony, and assault while participating in a felony, a
June 17, 2013 - Ottumwa Courier
- Paul McCartney in International Herald Tribune
I think it's time to smoke the pipes of peace and to just, you know, put away your hatchet because I think it's a show of friendship,McCartney said on Radio-Canada.
- Max Baucus in Guardian Unlimited
He can bring health coverage to 3.8 million low-income uninsured children who have no insurance today,Baucus said. "Or he can cut it with his hatchet, cutting coverage for at least a million children who would otherwise get the doctor's...
- Barack Obama in Denver Post
...office declined to comment on Power's inclusion in the State Department transition, but an official close to the Obama transition team said Power had "made a gesture to bury the hatchet" with Clinton and that it had been well-received.