- n a hard coarse-grained siliceous sandstone
- n fortitude and determination
- v cover with a grit
- v clench together
grit one's teeth
- Grits with cheese, tomato and pepper.
- For instance, if you go to Atlanta's Dogwood and find yourself unwilling to part with $12 for crab-brie fondue or $29 for steak, you can instead order $4 ham-and-cheese grits .
- At first, when Sylvia was abused, her sister testified, she would "just grit her teeth and shake her head.
News & Articles
- The Secret to a Video-Game Phenomenon
By eschewing grit and realism for creativity and simplicity, Minecraft shows how bedroom programmers can bypass publishers to create global hits. All video-game makers are minor gods. They are, after all, in the business of world creation. The game creator sets down the mountains and arranges the valleys in his or her world. The creator decides upon the sky’s hue, the water’s viscosity, the ...
June 14, 2013 - Technology Review
- Low Offer 'Twilight Zone' Twist in 'Plastic Cup' Video
Low marry grit and glamour in the video for "Plastic Cup," the dusky opening track from recent LP
June 13, 2013 - Spin
- Grit Blasting Collector Ensures Safe Workspace for Coating Specialist
Fanquip has fitted a turnkey grit blasting collector solution to the workshop of an industrial coatings specialist to ensure all operations are performed with the highest levels of OH&S. This high volume plant, where eight staff performs blasting and painting of industrial coatings onto all types of equipment - particularly those used in the demanding coal industry, now has a high capacity ...
June 12, 2013 - ThomasNet
- John McCain in Newsweek
She's got the grit, integrity, good sense and fierce devotion to the common good that is exactly what we need in Washington today,McCain said. "She's exactly who I need. She's exactly what this country needs."
- Jock Stirrup in guardian.co.uk
Sir Jock Stirrup, chief of the defence staff, said: "Make no mistake, the Taliban influence is waning, and through British blood, determination and grit, a window of opportunity has been opened."
- Charles Wang in SI.com
The actions of Chris Simon on Saturday do not reflect what the New York Islanders stand for,team owner Charles Wang said in a statement. "They were reckless, potentially dangerous and against our team concept of grit, character and heart....