- n a marketplace where groceries are sold
the grocery store included a meat market
- n (usually plural) consumer goods sold by a grocer
- MARKETING SELLING The nation's grocery shelves were carefully searched last week for cans imprinted with the telltale code WY2 and WY3-They contained tuna fish.
- As it must to all men, Death came last week to James Butler, 79, founder of the country's first chain-grocery system.
- Plus, if Target drops grocery prices below Wal-Mart's levels, the big boy will quickly respond.
- President Bush in New York Times
This money is going to help Americans offset the high prices we're seeing at the gas pump and at the grocery store, and it will give our economy a boost to help us pull out of this economic slowdown,President Bush said Friday.
- Izzadine Saleem in Forbes
I was at the grocery market when the explosion occurred and I ran with others to the site to see if there were any casualties and I was shot by fire from police station,said Khalaf Salim, 40.
- Leland Yee in The Associated Press
My mother had been living out there,said state Sen. Leland Yee, who represents the area. "She would have to take three or four buses to get to a grocery store and maybe she would have to take a taxi to come back because she couldn't carry...