groats : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the hulled and crushed grain of various cereals
- n a former English silver coin worth four pennies
- Having given up steak for breakfast, he insists he feels much better starting his day with miso soup, brown rice or oat groats.
- I'm sure you could survive on $10 of rice, groats, and mung beans a week, or get your kicks from $50 of pixie stix, but we're not that kind of blog.
- For breakfast he got two slices of bread plus a kettle of hot water; for lunch, a cup of colorless soup; for supper, two spoonfuls of groats and another kettle of hot water.
News & Articles
- National Events Guide aims to be the largest events guide in the UK
New online site provides the most concise one-stop guide to "What's on and Where" right across the Country. Wegner Enterprises aims high, by wanting their National Events Guide to become the largest Events Guide in the Country, with everything from London to Belfast and Lands End to John O' Groats, there's no shortage of ambition. (PRWeb June 13, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb ...
June 13, 2013 - PRWeb
- Jim Murphy in Scottish Daily Record
Scots Secretary Murphy said: "These choices set out our vision for a fair future for all. The choice across the UK is the same from John O'Groats to Land's End - Labour or Tory. This is our stall, what we're going to do. Economic growth is at the...
- David Cameron in Scotland Courier
Captain Hale was by all accounts a truly great soldier, driven to get things done,Mr Cameron said. "So what better way to remember his life and service than by organising a 17-day run from John o' Groats to Land's End? Running a double...
- James Cracknell in PezCycling News
Cracknell, who this year rode in the London-Paris Cycle Tour and the L'Etape du Tour, said: "Cycling has become a huge part of my sporting life and setting a new world record from Land's End to John O'Groats has been a goal of mine for a while."