grocer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a retail merchant who sells foodstuffs (and some household supplies)
- As it must to all men, Death came last week to James Butler, 79, founder of the country's first chain-grocery system.
- Last week he admitted that as a grocer he is practically a bankrupt, has saved the situation only by writing his memoirs, with the tragicomic title From Archduke to Grocer.
- BRAND-NAME BATTLE Grocer's Profits v.
- Albert Fert in International Herald Tribune
These days when I go to my grocer and see him type on a computer, I say 'Wow! He's using something I put together in my mind,'Fert said.
- Roy Blunt in Forbes
Mom and Pop grocer and gasoline station owners can't wonder what every court is going to decide,said Rep. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., the minority whip.
- Normie Kwong in Vancouver Sun
They talk a lot about the American dream,Kwong told reporters at the time of his swearing-in ceremony. "Well, my story has to be the Canadian dream. My father was an immigrant grocer who couldn't even vote in Canada until his 40th year in...