grits : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n coarsely ground hulled corn boiled as a breakfast dish in the southern United States
- n a hard coarse-grained siliceous sandstone
- n fortitude and determination
- v cover with a grit
- v clench together
- A dangerous pesticide is banned by the EPA "Another bowl of grits won't kill anyone," said Ron White, assistant commissioner of the Texas department of.
- Grits with cheese, tomato and pepper.
- For instance, if you go to Atlanta's Dogwood and find yourself unwilling to part with $12 for crab-brie fondue or $29 for steak, you can instead order $4 ham-and-cheese grits .
News & Articles
- Showers don't stop the fun at zoo's new Southern Fried Swamp Fest
WWLTV.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @WWLTV NEW ORLEANS -- The showers couldn't stop the fun at the Audubon Zoo's newest event, the Southern Fried Swamp Fest. The zoo was also giving dad's free admission for Father's Day. Some of the mouthwatering food options include fried bananas foster, and fried seafood grits. We even caught kids playing in the rain during one of the pop-up ...
June 16, 2013 - WWL-TV, Channel 4 New Orleans
- DeLuxe: chef-driven comfort food, but no upscale prices
Dinners such as shrimp-and-grits or grilled salmon cost $13-$16 at the new diner-bar-and-grill in Montgomery Plaza.
June 14, 2013 - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Chef Rudy Volpe's Shrimp and Grits
Executive Chef Rudy Volpe of The Prime Rib and Maryland Live! Casino shares his recipe for shrimp and grits.
June 13, 2013 - WBAL-TV Baltimore
- Bhaskar in FOXNews
India grits its teeth and says 'They don't have to like us, we don't have to like them but ...... we have to go through the process,'said C. Uday Bhaskar, a prominent defense analyst in New Delhi.
- David Duval in USA Today
I had eggs, chicken, toast, grits and a double order of hash browns,Duval said, breaking into a smile that has seemed so hard to muster through much of his golfing career. "Gotta have the double order of hash browns."
- Toby Mac in CMSpin
Elwood's associate, Toby "tobyMac" McKeehan, agrees, "GRITS has changed the face of positive and spiritual hip-hop. They are relevant and have a knack for discovering talent that stretches our industry to places I love seeing it go."