grieving : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v feel grief
- v cause to feel sorrow
- s sorrowful through loss or deprivation
- Again, we're grieving for the baby as Scott is for Laci.
- Browsing through the bookstalls in Rome's Campo dei Fiori, the grieving boy found two antique volumes of elementary physics, carried them home and read them through, sometimes .
- Paul Ziffren, Natalie Wood's lawyer, spoke as a grieving friend about the national fascination with her death.
News & Articles
- Camp Solace for kids, teens takes place in August
Solace Tree children and teens will gather together on the shores of Lake Tahoe Aug. 2 and 4 for a weekend in which they can kayak, play on the beach, build campfires and share stories of the people they've lost in a special environment that supports their journey through the grieving process.
June 17, 2013 - Reno Gazette-Journal
- Robbery suspect's fiance dies day after alleged bank heist
A mother is pleading for mercy on her grieving daughter, an accused bank robber who lost her fiance to a deadly car accident.
June 16, 2013 - Channel 8 San Diego
- Father Killed By Drunk Driver
A family is grieving the loss of a father after an accused drunk driver hit their car, head-on.
June 16, 2013 - FOX 29 Philadelphia
- Barack Obama in AFP
What we do know is that their families, friends, and an entire nation is grieving right now for the valued men and women that came under attack,Obama said.
- Tony Blair in International Herald Tribune
Just as we rejoice at the return of our 15 service personnel so today we are also grieving and mourning for the loss of our soldiers in Basra, who were killed as the result of a terrorist act,Blair said.
- Antonio Villaraigosa in 940 News
This is a very horrible tragedy and our hearts go out to all the members of the LAPD who also are grieving at this time,said Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, who said he visited with Simmons' family.