grieve : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v feel grief
- v cause to feel sorrow
his behavior grieves his mother
- Bereft children grieve for parents lost in their prime, for siblings scattered to the winds.
- A study by UCSF researchers of HIV-positive men whose partners had died found that the men who allowed themselves to grieve while also seeking to accept the death were better able .
- A devastated Teddy retreated to the Dakota Territory to grieve.
News & Articles
- Opinion: Jason Leffler’s death serves stark reminder
Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.Most of the time, racing fans and drivers take pride in Ernest Hemingway's definition of sports. But when tragedy strikes like it did Wednesday when Jason Leffler lost his life -- when we're reminded that racing is not just dangerous but deadly -- it's impossible not to pause and grieve ...
June 13, 2013 - SB Nation
- Corey Anne Considine 1983-2013
Family and friends of Corey Anne Considine will celebrate her life and grieve her passing at a public service on Saturday, June 22, at the Butler Building in Calistoga at 1 p.m.
June 12, 2013 - The Weekly Calistogan
- Quote of the Day: Rangers broadcaster Ton Grieve calls Jose Bautista a “crybaby”
Jose Bautista was ejected yesterday after arguing balls and strikes and throwing his equipment on the ground. Rangers broadcaster Tom Grieve was less than impressed. Here’s what he said during the broadcast: “You turn into a cry baby when you act like that. Go sit down and look at the pitch and then apologize to…
June 10, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- David Miliband in guardian.co.uk
Miliband told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "Obviously the sight of a mass murderer getting a hero's welcome in Tripoli is deeply upsetting, deeply distressing, above all for the 270 families who grieve every day for the loss of their loved ones 21...
- Kanye West in Los Angeles Times
I've never taken the time off to grieve,West said. "It's just a shame my hurt caused someone else's hurt."
- Walt Disney in ABC News
...woman standing in front of Wuennenberg's home in Kissimmee declined to comment Sunday afternoon and directed questions to Disney officials, saying the family wanted "private time to grieve."