- n an emotion of great sadness associated with loss or bereavement
he tried to express his sorrow at her loss
- n sadness associated with some wrong done or some disappointment
he drank to drown his sorrows
- n something that causes great unhappiness
- n the state of being sad
- v feel grief
- Joined by tragedy and sorrow, family or fate, the people whose lives were forever changed by the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, move on: The Heart of Grieving.
- A car tinkerer, he added two 1969 VW Bugs to his collection recently and diverted some of his sorrow into them.
News & Articles
- Remembering Lila: Baseball helps FSHS assistant cope
Immersed in grief over the death of his daughter, Lila, Free State High baseball assistant coach Nolan Deitrich found an outlet for his sorrow in the game he grew up playing. By Benton Smith
June 17, 2013 - Lawrence Journal-World
- Marple Newtown graduation ends trying day for one family (With Video Slideshow)
RADNOR — High school graduation evokes a myriad emotions. The thrill of receiving a hard-earned diploma is countered by the sorrow of leaving familiar surroundings and the anticipation of entering new ones.
June 14, 2013 - Delaware County Daily Times
- Our Poetry June 16
Another Meeting Place Here, we know tears of sorrow, And oft it's so hard to say good-bye, But, there's another meeting place Up yonder in the sky.
June 13, 2013 - The Log Cabin Democrat
- Jesper Parnevik in Telegraph.co.uk
Parnevik, 44, said: "I'm kind of filled with sorrow for Elin since me and my wife are at fault for hooking her up with him, and we probably thought he was a better guy than he is. I would probably have to apologise to her and hope she uses a driver...
- Gordon Brown in AFP
In these moments of sorrow and sadness, we must never forget why we are in Afghanistan and why people are making the sacrifice that they are making,Brown said Sunday. "Three-quarters of the terrorist plots that hit Britain derive from the...
- Jacques Rogge in TIME
This is a time for sorrow,Rogge said on Friday. "This is not a time to look for reasons."