bereaved : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who has suffered the death of someone they loved
the bereaved do not always need to be taken care of
- v deprive through death
- s sorrowful through loss or deprivation
- The bomb blast left scores of children orphaned and many mothers bereaved.
- A website was created for the bereaved families to share their grief and to encourage members to get on with their lives.
- The bereaved Japanese families after the tsunami tragedy were unbelievably stoic and resilient.
News & Articles
- Jennifer Carpenter Wants Her 'Dexter' Character To Die
Fans are eagerly awaiting the season premiere of Dexter's final season and wondering what the end may bring. For many fans they hope that Dexter will end with its two main characters alive, but it is highly unlikely . "Fans, they're going to feel very bereaved at the end I think," Charlotte Rampling who plays Dr. Evelyn Vogel, the psychopath whisperer said. One actor on the show, Jennifer ...
June 10, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Jock Stirrup in Telegraph.co.uk
Air Chief Marshal Stirrup said: "Our armed forces in Afghanistan have taken some very sad casualties over the last several days. We feel each loss keenly and our hearts go out to the bereaved families, to those who have been wounded and their loved...
- President Roh in International Herald Tribune
I and our people cannot contain our feelings of huge shock and grief,Roh said during a news conference. "I pray for the souls of those killed and offer words of comfort from my heart for those injured, the bereaved families and the US...