- s abounding in small stones
- s unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound
a gravelly voice
- WILSON PICKETT, 64, volatile RB star whose gravelly, raunchy delivery on such 1960s hits as Mustang Sally and In the Midnight Hour inspired the 1991 film The Commitments and .
- He has a full, bluesy, gravelly baritone.
- Directed by Robert De Niro, Shepherd has an all-star cast of gravelly-voiced, suspicious-looking men: Alec Baldwin, Joe Pesci, William Hurt, John Turturro, and De Niro himself.
News & Articles
- Adams channels Joplin voice
Actress Amy Adams has been shrieking and screaming in a bid to break her voice so she can accurately recreate Janis Joplin's gravelly vocals in an upcoming biopic.
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Celtics Paul Pierce Decision Will Determine Fate of Doc Rivers And Kevin Garnett
Ever since he started pacing the sidelines of the Boston Garden, Doc Rivers has never hesitated to make his gravelly voice heard. He both yells at and praises players, and his speeches during timeouts are nothing if not passionate. Yet since the Boston Celtics were eliminated, Rivers has been strangely quiet, refusing to comment on his own future with the team. The following comes from the ...
June 10, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Barry Pepper in San Francisco Chronicle
When Clint would talk in that kind of wonderfully gravelly voice of his, all the noise on the set would just diminish,Pepper said. "People would just listen to hear the next move because they knew they would be left in the dust if they...
- Prince Charles in Washington Post
Describing Cohen as a wonderful chap, Charles said: "He's remarkable. The orchestration is fantastic and the words, the lyrics and everything. He is a remarkable man and he has this incredibly laid-back, gravelly voice."
- Dick Todd in Brooks Bulletin
This is the first time this year we've faced the heat factor,Petes coach Dick Todd said. "With a player with the skill of Radulov, he was amazing out there and I think his shooting was probably affected by the gravelly ice."