- n the part of a golf course bordering the fairway where the grass is not cut short
- v prepare in preliminary or sketchy form
- a having or caused by an irregular surface
trees with rough bark
- s (of persons or behavior) lacking refinement or finesse
she was a diamond in the rough
- s not quite exact or correct
a rough guess
- s full of hardship or trials
they were having a rough time
- s violently agitated and turbulent
- s unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound
- s ready and able to resort to force or violence
they were rough and determined fighting men
- a of the margin of a leaf shape; having the edge cut or fringed or scalloped
- a causing or characterized by jolts and irregular movements
a rough ride
- a not shaped by cutting or trimming
- s not carefully or expertly made
- s not perfected
a rough draft
a few rough sketches
- s unpleasantly stern
the nomad life is rough and hazardous
- s unkind or cruel or uncivil
a rough answer
- r with roughness or violence (`rough' is an informal variant for `roughly')
he was pushed roughly aside
they treated him rough
- r with rough motion as over a rough surface
- It's been a rough year for Jehuda Reinharz, not least because of the uproar over his school's proposal to sell off part of its art collection.
- Before the game, the raucous clamor of the hockey arena echoes through the cold concrete passages leading to the locker room.
- When killers blame erotic impulses, does rough justice result?.
News & Articles
- Peg McEntee: R-r-r-rough roads show we need higher t-t-t-taxes
Peg McEntee: R-r-r-rough roads show we need higher t-t-t-taxes by Peg Mcentee Tribune Columnist Published Jun 12, 2013 07:27PM MDT Sometimes you have to spend a little money now to save a lot later. That’s the case with Salt Lake City streets, which, due to deferred maintenance, have pits, potholes, bumps and, in some cases, are beginning to crumble. On Tuesday night, five of seven City Council ...
June 13, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Escaping from the kind of rough Merion will feature
The rough this week at Merion for the 2013 U.S. Open will be brutal. Do you know how to escape from the nasty lies that you're sure to encounter when you play?
June 12, 2013 - The Golf Channel
- #Panquake: The overnight update
It's rough eating pancakes for 24 hours. Or at least, it's been rough eating pancakes for however many hours we've been eating at this point. As I write this, it's nearly 4 a.m. on Wednesday on the West Coast and I've been sitting at Denny's eating pancakes (or trying to) since 1 p.m. on Tuesday. They keep playing the "Top 10 Countdown" -- which is five-second snippets of the top songs in the ...
June 12, 2013 - SB Nation