- n something unspecified whose name is either forgotten or not known
there may be some great new gizmo around the corner that you will want to use
- n a device or control that is very useful for a particular job
- As their colleagues watched with a mix of wonder and envy, they showed how their gizmo, which was dubbed a transistor, could take an electric current, amplify it and switch it on .
- Nineteen million Americans say they want the hyper-hip gizmo sight unseen, reports research firm M:Metrics.
- In another TV episode, Guillen visited the lab of one James Patterson, who demonstrated a gizmo that he claimed used plastic beads covered with layers of metal to produce nuclear .
- Brian France in Dallas Morning News
We want the strategy of the crew chief and the driving ability to be the focus, not who has the latest gizmo that NASCAR didn't want to say no to,France said.
- Noel Gallagher in LondonNet
Noel, who has been dating Sara for seven years, said: "Chutney is a name I fancy if the baby is a geezer. Maybe Gizmo Gallagher, or Gilly Gallagher."